Not in a call social services and take the kids off me kind of way. I’m no Mary Poppins or Maria Von Trapp though
As with my school reports I could do better. Unlike my school reports though, it’s not because I’m easily led by my peers, well maybe some of my twitter buddies could be a little distracting! You know who you are!
Some of it could be due to my pitiful attempts at multi tasking.
Let’s face it anyone who takes a smart phone to the loo and gets too distracted to push isn’t ready to try and juggle parenting and another task at the same time!
Maybe I should have learnt my lesson the time I tried to change a poonami nappy and tweet at the same time!
Let’s say I could have changed Little Miss OMG and sent twenty tweets in the time it took me to clean up that mess!
Here are my top seven crap parenting moments! I realise it’s a strange number. But in my mind it’s enough to be funny, but not too many to make me look totally irresponsible!
- Not checking the appointment card and going to the wrong hospital some forty miles away, with Stepson #1 in tow!
- Putting jumpers back to front, on Little Miss OMG! This happens more frequently than you would believe and is not limited to jumpers. Pajama tops, t-shirts and vests are all fair game!
- Forgetting to feed them! Many a time I’ve realised the time and thought “Shit. The kids haven’t been fed since breakfast!”
- Forgotten the time for the school run. Yes more than once my kids have been the only ones stood there after everyone else has gone home!
- Taking Stepson #2 out of school, driving to an appointment to discover I was a day early.
- Going off with Little Miss OMG wearing no shoes and socks! Thankfully she had her pink wellies in the car!
- Forgetting medicines. Ironically I’ll remember 30 mins before it’s due and then again an hour after its due!
Luckily these incidents are spaced out. I do have some good moments too. I’ll cover those another day.
What are your crap parent moments?